Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Attempt at Avant-garde

Hi, starting today I'll be sharing my design as a "NEW" post since I've already clustered my earlier hand sketches in my previous posts. For now, here is my attempt at avant-garde fashion.

Avant-garde doesn't only apply to fashion. Evidently, it is a French word, which translates as, "advance guard" or vanguard. It is used as a noun or an adjective to refer to people or works that are innovative, or something new as far as culture, arts and politics are concerned. Fashion, which is obviously under the realm of arts, can also be blended with culture and politics if desired.

As for my hand-sketch below, I think it is something new since I've introduced here the zipped skirt, which can be unzipped in order to attain an edgier and somewhat punk look in the over-all ensemble. I think the design of my cropped bolero is also rarely seen in the runway, and it really complimented the shape of the top.






No comments:

Post a Comment